Sunday, April 11, 2010

God Provides

While I would love to go to Ethiopia now...and the Philippines now too...I will not be traveling to ET in April or May as I had originally planned. I had several people...family...and three friends/mentors advise me to wait. However, the Lord rewarded that decision. When I inquired about possibly traveling another time, I was told about a trip in December to the same part of Ethiopia...and also found out that the trip I had planned on taking is up in the air. I pray that the others are still able to travel even though I won't be going this time. I also found out that the laptop I wanted was on sale--and does not go on sale often--so soon I will have a new fast laptop that will benefit me both in my future trip to the Philippines--and in keeping in touch with those I will meet when I do travel to Ethiopia. Here is the most amazing part of the story--my tax refund this year was bigger than it has ever been--almost half the cost of a trip to Ethiopia! So as I followed the Lord and waited--He provided me with a computer and still provided 1/2 my trip money on top of that. Now I am not saying for sure that I am going in December--but the money is there for when the time comes.

Speaking of Ethiopia--I know some of you have to be curious as to why all of a sudden I have a burning desire to go there on a short visit. While I would love to share my newest blessing with all of you--you will need to request an invite to my Ethiopia blog to get any more info! I have not forgotten about invites either--but I am trying to write out my story--well it is God's story, because I could never have written anything as amazing as what He did in my life just this year. I was really not planning on this blessing--but God gives us gifts when we least expect them. As soon as I get my new computer, I should be able to get the ET blog up to date, and then the invites will go out.

I am still planning on going to the Philippines--the exact time is still up in the air--still waiting on the Lord to confirm--I am hoping for this fall or early next year--but we shall see. For right now, I am just going to raise support for the Philippines trip--as Ethiopia is more of a personal trip....but I know the Lord can provide for both if that is His will!

No comments:

Post a Comment