Check out the new buttons on my sidebar. Meet Ian, Martin, Mindy, and Wallace. These precious little ones WILL be transferred soon to a mental institution if they do not have families commit to adopt them immediately. This is an urgent plea to anyone who reads this...to check and see if your family is missing a son or daughter (or two)...these babies will likely die if they are transferred, and they cannot be adopted out of the institution. Look closely at these little faces...is one of them supposed to be yours?
I think it is so sad that these little ones are seen as less than valuable in their society due to how the Lord created them. Each one of these children, created perfectly in God's image...and probably doing a better job reflecting Him than most of us, who have experienced all the world has to offer, and have found time to focus on everything but Him. These little ones, having never experienced life outside the orphanage...innocent children who will forever be childlike...need to know the love of a family...a family who can introduce them to the love of Jesus. Jesus said whatever we do unto the least of these, we are doing to Him. The Bible speaks often of the value God places on caring for orphans...I don't see this as optional...The Bible also speaks of childlike faith and trust in Jesus Christ as the only requirement for salvation...something that comes easily to one of these little ones...so I must conclude that these four children are four of God's most valuable creatures. I hope we all do not get to miss out on all they have to offer.
You may wonder why I have a heart for these kids. I have a cousin with Down Syndrome, and some good friends have a teenage son who has Down Syndrome. My cousin is 24 now...just three years younger than me...she is a high school graduate, a valuable employee at two restaurants, and she is living in an apartment...quite an amazing young woman if you ask me. The young man I mentioned, I have known since he was a baby. One day, when he was younger, he and his mother came over to visit my mom. My grandma lived with us, and she had Parkinson's and dementia. She did not always know where she was or what was going on. Most little kids would have noticed something was not right, and would have been uncomfortable...but not this boy...he sat by her and loved on her like nothing was wrong... what an example of how we are to treat other people. This young man trusted Jesus as His Savior in the past year, and I had the privilege of attending his baptism! He truly loves the Lord.
As you can see, people with Down Syndrome have an incredible amount of potential when they are in families who love them for the wonderful people that they are. They are the ones who teach us how we should live our lives. And so, I hope that there are families somewhere who will see the potential in these four little ones, and will bring them home.
Sometimes I wonder why God gives me a heart for these kids, and no way to do much about it...I am in no position to adopt right now...however, I can spread the word, and I can pray...and someday when the timing is right, He will provide a way for me to be blessed to be able to call a couple of these children my own.
EVERY Child Deserves a Mother
8 years ago















































































No comments:
Post a Comment