I am sorry it has been so long since my last post. Things are really progressing as far as my next trip to the Philippines. I have been in contact with the missionaries I will be working with, and I am very excited! Right now, I am planning to go in September and stay a couple months, Lord willing.
However,the Lord seems to be leading me to possibly make a trip to visit an orphanage in Ethiopia in April or May. I cannot share much right now, but I am really praying for the money that I will need in order to go...the cost of the trip will be around $2500.I am keeping a separate blog all about that. Right now, that blog is private, as I am working on writing out the events leading up to my decision to take this trip. I may keep it private for awhile after that as I want to share some of the details with my friends and family before they become public information. Please let me know if you would like an invite to that blog, and I will try and do that once the blog is set up.
I am going to try and put up a fundraiser for Baby Anastasiya as well. I have not gotten around to that due to lack of computer...and may not get a computer for awhile if this trip to Ethiopia works out...as I will need to use some of the money I was saving for a computer to take this trip...but we shall see. Once I figure out how to set up the chip-in, I should be able to get the fundraiser set up.
Other than that, my life has been not too busy...I am still working at a craft store...and I just started volunteering with the local Down Syndrome Guild...and I am loving that. Looking at all those little faces on Reece's Rainbow, and reading lots of blogs just made me want to do something. The children I work with are so precious...but I cannot share any pictures as I don't have the parents' permission to do so.
Well, that is about it. I will try and update again soon.
EVERY Child Deserves a Mother
8 years ago















































































Dear Rachel,
ReplyDeleteWhen you finally get the chip-in set up let me know, so I can chip in, too ;-)
Your loving, handsome, studly, and very single, brother,
Jon