Friday, December 31, 2010

A Challenge for You for the New Year!

Almost every year I have attempted to read the Bible through, and every year have not succeeded. Well, this year is going to be different...I actually started two days early, and so far, so good!

I would love to encourage all of you to join the 2011 Boss Your Heart Bible Challenge.
There are different plans you can follow...but after reading this inspirational post by Mattie, I felt like the Lord wanted me to do the 90 day challenge. I am enjoying this so far.

If you join the challenge by midnight, there are two amazing prizes you will be entered to win. But no matter when you join, please join because you want to develop the habit of spending daily time with the Lord.

I have struggled with having a daily quiet time for quite some time. My eventual desire is to serve the Lord on the foreign mission field working with orphans, however, the last few times I went overseas, the quiet time was the first thing to go. It is easy to say that I will develop better habits when I change locations or do something more fulfilling with my life...but it never works that way. Therefore, I am starting now to form this habit that I know will enrich my life and draw me closer to the Lord whom I desire to serve.

For details on this Bible Challenge...read this post by Mattie's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment