Is God able to use me to accomplish His purposes? This is one of the most important questions I can ask myself. I know now that the calling He has placed on my life is to rescue the children--but what exactly is that going to look like?
Last week I was relaxing on the loveseat in my room reading blogs and I became distracted with discomfort. I know I am called to go overseas and work with orphans...but I am not doing that at the moment. The same day, I was reading a devotional on the "Boss Your Heart" Bible challenge that I am attempting this year. The devotional was about taking one step at a time. I realized God is probably not going to tell me to get on an airplane tomorrow, go to such-and-such a foreign country (or maybe a children's ministry in the US) and work with the children. Often He gives us one step at a time and we do not get the entire picture at once.
I just have a tremendous desire to get right in and start working with those children that I am called to--the orphans--but know that God is taking me through a time of preparation for that--and if I miss this step--I will be less effective. I am also realizing that there are things that I can do right now to help to rescue the children--it may not involve legally adopting one right now--but I can advocate, pray, and do what the Lord is calling me to do now.
Now for a little secret--one year ago I became "Mom" to a 10 year old Ethiopian boy. I have not legally adopted him yet--and I do not know what the Lord is going to do with this yet. For now, I Skype with him when I am able to and send over little gifts and love and pray for him. I am hoping that I can visit this year--but am praying for direction. This is all that I am comfortable sharing on this blog--but if you would like to know the rest of the story thus far--leave me your email (and tell me a little about yourself and how you found my blog) and I will send you a link to my Ethiopia blog.
I am also wanting to do more to advocate for the children listed on Reece's Rainbow. I will continue to post here and on Anastasiya's blog. I also have a new blog in progress where I will advocate for 5 other kids. I am a prayer warrior for two "Other Angels" on RR--Sargent and Anna. Sargent has Cerebral Palsy and Anna has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. I also sponsored three little girls who all have Down Syndrome as part of the Angel Tree--Kathleen, Amanda, and Nana. All five of these precious children need families. I will post a link on my sidebar as well as a grab button when I get that page up and running. It is up--but no posts and I my site header needs help.
Please excuse my ramblings...as I attempt to get some thoughts out in the open. I also had two New Year's Resolutions. The first was to read through the Bible. I was going to do the 90 day challenge--but fell behind. I am also about to start an intensive workshop called Grace Adventure (something that the Lord is calling me to do that will get my heart in the right place to better serve Him) and will not have enough free time every day to read 10-15 sections of the Bible each day. Therefore, I am going to try and do it in four months instead of three. YouVersion--the program I am using has a catch-up feature, where if I miss too many days, it adjusts the start and end date of the plan.
My second resolution was to do "Project Life" where you take a photo each day and document it. That pretty much failed. However, I am going to do my own kind of "LIFE" project. I know what the Lord is calling me to do--rescue the children--but what am I doing to get from where I am now, to my ultimate goal of starting a children's home overseas. Also, what am I doing right now to help rescue the children who need rescuing right this minute? I am going to journal these things--and how the Lord is helping me to live "LIFE" to the fullest and to bring "LIFE" to those who are perishing, whether physically and spiritually.
Yes, it is a good wake-up call to feel uncomfortable living my life and wasting my time while there are people dying around the world...but God does not expect me to save the world...Jesus already came to do that...nor does He expect me to do it all on my own...but He does expect me to play a part in rescuing the children. My job is to find out what I am supposed to do this day, and to do that...and to leave the results to God.
Finally, I want to share on the power of prayer. I started praying for some of the children on RR--that the Lord would give them families--and not just any families--born again Christian families. The Lord answered that prayer for three little ones and I am praying for the same for the five that will be the subject of my newest blog.
So, please join me on this blog, and on the others, as I pursue LIFE to the fullest, and take the steps that God is calling me to do.
EVERY Child Deserves a Mother
8 years ago















































































I'd love to hear more "Mom". :)
ReplyDelete