Monday, February 14, 2011

Update and prayer requests

Please pray for my son in Ethiopia. His name is Solomon. He has been sick quite a bit. I found out last Thursday that he is in the hospital. Last I heard a couple days ago, he is doing better. I do not know exactly what is wrong. Please pray he is released soon. For those of you who do not know about Solomon--I will send you a link to my Ethiopia blog if you leave your email and how you found my blog if I do not know you in person.

I have been super busy this month and this blog has been neglected...sorry about that! I finished Journey 2 of Grace Adventure a week ago. It was an amazing time of spiritual growth. The really neat thing about it is the strong relationships that develop as a result. My email inbox is always full of emails from my GA "family" as we keep one another up to date on our lives. It is a tremendous blessing to attend church with several people from my GA group and GA alumni. We had a little informal mini reunion at church...and with so many GA alumni at my church--we all kinda communicate the same way. If anything, Grace Adventure has made me a more confident person, and I have learned to have a sense of peace at times when everything is not going right (like right now--having a child in the hospital is not my idea of how things should be for me at the moment).

Apparently the devil likes to test people while they are in GA--I injured my back in a sledding accident the day Journey 2 started and debated whether or not I should go. I decided to go anyway as I was bonding with my team and those bonds are essential to get the most out of the workshop--and I was so looking forward to going back. Fortunately, there was both a doctor and a chiropractor in attendance--so I was able to get the medical attention that I needed to be as comfortable as possible--and the Lord was gracious. I am still having a little pain--but doing much better, less than two weeks later. I am excited for tomorrow evening (actually tonight as this will post after midnight)as participants from my Grace Adventure group meet weekly for follow up.

This coming weekend I am taking a little road trip to Indiana with some of the young people from my church and one of the pastors. We have been working on building a student organization/church plant at a local university. We will be attending a conference on campus ministry that our church organization is putting on. It will be fun to get to spend quality time together, as well as learn more about how to make our ministry effective.

The following weekend is Journey 3 of Grace Adventure--where I will learn more about how to really live the Christian life--and get to reunite with my teammates who do not live close enough to come to follow-up.

I did update my other blog, Missing Pieces. Please go check it out and see how you can wish a very special little girl a Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

  1. I would love a link to your Ethiopia blog! (This is Nikki who adopted Ezekiel from Gentle Hands almost one year ago). I'm praying for your little one . . how scary to have a child who holds your heart be so far away and sick!
    In His Love,
    Nikki
    nikesquivel@nc.rr.com

    ReplyDelete