This post was originally published on my old blog a few days ago. However, I could not begin a new blog without telling you about Nadya!
I shared before (on my old blog) that I signed up to be a prayer warrior through Reece's Rainbow. Reece's Rainbow helps find homes for children with Down Syndrome and other special needs. Many of these children are from other countries, and are placed in orphanages as babies. If they are not adopted, they are transferred to a mental institution around age four or five, and they often die within a year. I was matched with two precious children to pray for. Paul, a baby boy with Down Syndrome, had a family commit to him shortly after I committed to pray for him. It has been exciting to follow his family's blog, and to see him come home! Paul, now named Jacob Paul recently celebrated his 2nd birthday! However, Nadya, a little girl who has some global delays, is still waiting for her family. The Lord has been answering my prayers for her in two ways. Nadya was living in a mental institution when I first committed to pray for her. She looked very sad in the picture that I was given. However, she was transferred out of that institution--something that rarely happens--and is in a home where they care for the children and give them somewhat of an education. The second way that God has answered prayers for Nadya, is that she now has a webpage dedicated to helping her find her family. I "met" Milena through the Reece's Rainbow blog. After seeing the children's faces on the Reece's Rainbow site, she was especially drawn to Nadya and wants to help her find a family. She is doing a fundraiser to earn money for Nadya's adoption grant. This means that when a family commits to adopt Nadya, they will receive this money to help pay for their adoption. Now, I am not allowed to share what country Nadya is from. However, I can show you her beautiful face.
On my sidebar is a button with Nadya's picture. If you click on "Grab This Button", it will give you the code. Would you please add Nadya to your webpage, and then would you join me in praying that Nadya's family commits to her soon?
EVERY Child Deserves a Mother
8 years ago















































































No comments:
Post a Comment