Well, alot of things have happened since I last updated! The most exciting thing being that I have a job! I am working part time at Hobbt Lobby, and it is lots of fun! Alot of the time I am working as a cashier, but I also get to walk around the store and help customers or do "reverse shopping"--my term for putting away a shopping cart of items that the customers took to the register and decided that they did not want...and that can be pretty fun. Hobby Lobby is an awesome place to work-- the big thing that impressed me is their policy to be closed on Sunday so that their employees can have time for family and worship....how many places give you a mandatory day off? They are also closed on Thanksgiving...allowing their employees important family time. They also have some people who only work holidays or during the school year...and hired mw knowing I was going to be in the Philippines this summer! I am also able to be off in time to get to my ballet class every week! It is so nice to have a job that fits my schedule perfectly! As I am re-doing my bedroom, I will be a frequent customer there...during the times I am not there to work. They have so many cute things at amazing prices...yes, the Lord has provided exactly the job that I need right now!
I am still working on my missions trip stuff... no new news...although I will begin raising support early next year. If you would like to read about my previous two trips to the Philippines, please request an invite to my previous blog. I will not be updating there until further notice, but do not mind letting you read it. I just ask that you leave me a comment with your email address and a link to your blog so that I can see who you are...unless I have met you in person, and then just your email will be sufficient.
EVERY Child Deserves a Mother
8 years ago















































































Rachel; I'm so happy for you! It's great that you have found a job, and a job that you like too!
ReplyDeleteHoping you'll soon know more about your mission trip too. That must really be something to look forward to!
Have you seen my latest fundraiser for Nadya? Would you mind telling your friends about it too? I'm afraid I'm not the most successful fundraiser, so reaching out to more people would be just wonderful!
Hope you have a nice and peaceful weekend!
that is really nice that you have found a job from Rachel
ReplyDelete